For free advice call 02380 261065

Complaints Policy


Our Policy

Ecological Survey & Assessment Limited (ECOSA) strives to deliver excellent services to our clients and other stakeholders. In the unfortunate event that you feel we have not met this standard, we encourage you to let us know so that we can resolve the matter satisfactorily and can look to improve the ways in which we conduct our business.

Our Procedure

If you have a complaint the first step is to raise it informally with your ECOSA Project Manager, either verbally or in writing, so that they can resolve it. We would encourage you to raise the matter with them as soon as possible so that they can address your concerns at the first opportunity. In practice, most complaints can be resolved in this way.

If this does not resolve the matter satisfactorily, we would ask that you make a formal complaint in writing, via email or letter, so that there can be no misunderstanding about the nature of your concerns.

The letter/email should be addressed to the Managing Principal Ecologist of the company, Simon Colenutt (

If you would like to send us a letter, please post it to the address below:


FAO Managing Principal Ecologist

Ecological Survey & Assessment Limited (ECOSA)

Ten Hogs House

Manor Farm Offices

Flexford Road

North Baddesley


SO52 9DF

Once we receive your complaint, we will take the following steps:

1.     We will acknowledge your complaint within five working days of its receipt and inform you of who is dealing with your complaint;

2.     Your named contact will look into your complaint, requesting further information if necessary; and

3.     Within 10 working days of your acknowledgement we will write to you to confirm the outcome of your complaint, including any action we propose to take as a result of the inquiry. If we are unable to meet this timescale we will notify you, explaining why, and setting a deadline by which you will hear from us again.


We hope that we are able to resolve your complaint satisfactorily but accept that sometimes this is not possible.

All ECOSA Project Managers are members of the Chartered Institute of Ecology and Environmental Management (CIEEM) so if your complaint relates to the technical competence of one or more of our staff, you have recourse to CIEEM’s professional conduct inquiry procedures.

However, if your complaint relates to our business services, invoicing and charges you should contact the Citizen’s Advice Consumer Service (UK).


May 2019