Ecological Survey & Assessment Limited (ECOSA) is committed to operating in an environmentally sound and sustainable manner.
ECOSA leads by example in its own activities through the commitment to its Environmental Policy and aims to minimise the impacts of its activities. It is determined to pass on the local environment to future generations in a better condition than it is today.
Whilst working towards the achievement of sustainable development, ECOSA will ensure that environmental priorities are integrated into the decisions it takes on all its services and will seek whenever it has an influential role to:
- make the most efficient use of energy;
- reduce the need for movement of both people and goods and encourage walking, cycling and the use of public transport as alternatives to private cars;
- minimise, and where possible, eliminate all forms of pollution;
- avoid waste and encourage the appropriate conservation, re-use and recycling of resources;
- protect, restore and enhance the diversity of wildlife and the countryside;
- conserve and enhance the character and quality of the built environment;
- avoid environmental damage by assessing and monitoring environmental impacts rather than responding to them afterwards;
- promote a sense of responsibility and understanding for the environment and participation in environmental issues, by raising staff awareness, by education, information provision and open consultation;
- work in partnership with our contractors, suppliers and others to comply with all regulatory requirements at a local, national, European and international level and to encourage continuous improvement in environmental performance and practices;
- monitor our performance each year; and
- review, and where possible, improve our performance each year with positive action on any areas of non-compliance.